Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Evangelistic Script That Has Been a Tool to Save Thousands


"Just read the script. Everything within you...is going to scream to want to ad lib. But just read the script." -Pastor Dan Mickelson


Many salvation testimonies continue to come in about people being led to the Lord by Christians who have witnessed to them with this script. All it takes is a willing heart to reach out to a hungry soul.


You can made it into a bookmark, with your church contact info on the bottom, so that it's easy for your Church members to carry and distribute. Here is the text:


Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a wonderful plan for your life?


I have an important question to ask you. If you were to die this very second, do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would go to Heaven?


(If yes, great. Ask how they know and if it's because they're a "good person" or anything other than Jesus, proceed with this script. Also proceed with script if their answer is "No.")


Let me quickly share with you what the Bible says. It reads, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" and "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." The Bible also reads, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."


You are a "whosoever," right? Of course you are! All of us are.


So, I'm going to say a quick prayer for you. Lord bless (FILL IN PERSON'S NAME) and his/her family with long and healthy lives. Jesus, make Yourself real to him/her and do a quick work in his/her heart. If (FILL IN NAME) has not received Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior, I pray he/she will do so now.


(FILL IN NAME) If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, repeat this after me, both out loud and in your heart: 


Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sins. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that You are risen from the dead and that You're coming back again for me. Thank You for saving me and forgiving me. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Make me a new creation in Christ Jesus. I trust You as my Lord and Savior. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm saved. I'm born again. I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart.


As a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I tell you today that all of your sins are forgiven. Always remember to run to God and not from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life.


[Invite them to your church and get follow up info: name, address & phone no.]


Note: If the person does not understand what sins are, use the Ten Commandments to explain to him. The purpose is to use the Law to convict and the Grace of God to save. The Holy Spirit is the One who provides the conviction of sins... not you. Repentance is the result of this conviction. The person cannot change or be transformed until he or she encounters Christ personally. Never expect the person to change first because salvation and transforming power are provided by Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment